WE LOVE THIS RECIPE! Its EASY, NUTRIENT DENSE, AND YUMMY!
Turmeric, ginger, and plant based foods are all extremely anti-inflammatory.
Smoothies are an excellent want to supplement these nutrients - they are easy digested and more gentle on the system before or after exercise!
Choosing fat like coconut oil helps to boost metabolism, fight infection, absorb nutrients, and feel full!
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder - I like Garden of Life brand
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk - add Kefir for more probiotic punch!
- 1/4 cup flute free oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (softened)
- 1 Tbsp powered turmeric
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- Process oats and pumpkin seeds until fine.
- In a blender, add processed oats, seeds, protein powder, spices, and process until mixed.
- Add bananas, ice, almond milk and process until smooth!
Enjoy! Make a double batch ahead of time and freeze in cups to put of when you are busy!