Weight loss goals have people motivated to exercise more and make healthier foods choices. However, for many people, these life altering changes can be overwhelming, especially if you aren't sure where to start. Rushing into any decision, big or small, can leave room for error and resentment. You wouldn't buy a home without going to see a few on the market first, vetting the neighborhood, or getting an inspection. It is important to use the same care and attention to detail when it comes to healthy lifestyle.
Start with what you know and like. Start with your and your family's favorite meal and make small, nutrition boosting changes. Just one small change per week can help you incorporate healthier habits and healthier foods in a more realistic way.
SO HERE are some heathy chocolate wafer cookies with creamy stuffing! This is SO delicious, full of plant based ingredients, and antioxidant rich cocoa powder.
- For the cream filling
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews (soaked for 4 hrs- overnight)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, at room temp or warmed so it is soft
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- For the Cookie:
- 1/4 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chickpea or oat flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, process all ingredients.
- Store in refridgerator while you make the cookies.
- For the cookie:
- In a stand mixer or with hand mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Add cocoa powder and mix.
- Add flour and salt and mix.
- Dough should be thick.
- Use Ice cream scoop to scoop out portions and line them up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each dough with the bottom of a glass or your hand. Try to get them as flat and even as possible!
- Cook at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a baking rack. If you don't have a baking rack you can slide the parchment onto your counter off the hot pan.
- When cool, use a spoon or piping bag to "fill cookies"
- Fill ONLY when you plan to eat immediately to avoid the cookies getting soggy.
- Store remaining cream in refrigerator and cookies in a cookie tin.